- LCS2 Research Lab at IIIT-Delhi has received a grant of 25,000 USD for a period of 1 year from Accenture Labs University Collaboration and Grant committee for a collaborative work on AI based social media mis-information detection, virality and claim analysis with Accenture Labs.
- Delhi Chief Minister Shri Arvind Kejriwal launched a mobile application ‘Delhi Corona’ helped by faculty members and students of IIIT-Delhi. The app will facilitate Delhi citizens to know how many beds and ventilators are available in which hospital in the national capital. Many congratulations to Dr. Tavpritesh Sethi and Prof. Ponnurangam Kumaraguru and their team for making this possible.
- 3 CSE PhD Students from IIIT-Delhi have received “TCS Fellowship in Cycle 15 namely, Siva Charan Reddy Gangireddy (Advisor – Dr. Tanmoy); Shivangi Singhal (Advisor -Dr. Rajiv Ratn Shah, Dr. Tanmoy); Khushboo Chitre (Advisor – Dr. Rahul Purandare, Dr. Piyus Kedia). Congratulations to all the students and their advisors
- Our B.Tech. student Shaan Chopra has bagged another medal in Discus Throw. This time she won the silver medal in the women’s category at the 79th Delhi State Annual Athletics Championship. Many Congratulations Shaan
- Jyoti Leeka has successfully earned her PhD degreeunder the guidance of her advisor Dr. Srikanta Bedathur. The title of her thesis was Indexing and Query Processing in RDF Quad-Stores. Currently, she is associated with Microsoft Research,India as Post doc researcher.
- Proposal by Mukulika Maity got accepted under the IMPRINT-2 programme of DST/SERB with MHRD. We are happy to announce that a proposal by our faculty Dr. MukulikaMaity got accepted under the IMPRINT-2 programme of DST/SERB with MHRD. The proposal title is “POWER: Platform for Open WLAN Experimentation and Research,” in this project the authors aim to take a holistic view of WiFi technology and develop algorithms and solutions for making its better use. The researchers will use open hard/software platforms,open APIs, cloud-based technologies, novel machine learning techniques to monitor and analyze network operation.
Authors will come up with advanced radio resource management algorithms to efficiently use favorable operating conditions obtained from the analysis.
The project is a joint effort with Prof. Samar Agnihotri from IIT Mandi, Prof. JoyKuri from IISC, and Prof. Venkatesh Ramaiyan from IIT Madras and Mojo (akaArista) Networks as the industry partner.
- Six papers in AAAI-2019. We are elated to announce that this year six papers from IIITD got selected inAAAI2019 – one of the top conferences in the area of Artificial Intelligence. AAAI2019 received over 7000 papers and accepted only 1150 papers with an acceptance rate of only 16%. The conference will be in Honolulu from Jan 27 –Feb 1, 2019. IIITD will be one of the large academic groups from India at AAAI2019 – a proud moment for the entire IIITD family.